- You own your personal information & content. It is explicitly not ours.
- You will never receive a targeted advertisement or 3rd party content based on what you do or say online. We think that’s creepy.
- You see every post in timeline order from your friends, family & groups. We do not manipulate, filter, or change the order of your content or what you see.
- Permissions & privacy are your rights. You control them.
- You control who can access your content.
- You control what, if anything, others can see in member searches.
- Your privacy means we do not share your personal information with anyone.
- Your emojis are for you and your friends. We do not monitor or mine your data.
- Your face is your business. We do not use facial recognition technology.
- You have the right to delete your account and take your content with you at any time.
Web social networking is a useful tool.
And respecting people rights inside and outside the web is the basics.
Luckly new social networks arise, here is one: MeWe.
MeWe began in Albuquerque, New Mexico, as a vision hatched over a dinner between good friends who were early founders of social media. With Facebook all the rage, they felt something critically human was getting lost: the spirit of our democracy and the backbone of our privacy. The big technology companies, you know who they are, had reverted to treating us as commodities. They somehow mistook people signing up to use their services as a welcome invitation to target, track, spy, and sell our information to advertisers and the government. All in all, it felt pretty creepy.
MeWe founder, Mark Weinstein, dreamed of the next generation in online communications, envisioning a social and chat app that would give people everywhere the most exciting and helpful sharing technology with privacy built into the design – where members would feel safe and respected.
Mark relocated to Mountain View, California, in the backyard of technology’s established Goliaths, and built a worldwide team of visionary individuals – fun, good people determined to revolutionize social media and build a new platform to go head-to-head with Facebook and restore decency, privacy, and respect for social media users.
Mark created the Sgrouples beta project, hiring an engineering team to design and build the world’s first social network with privacy-by-design for its members. The 3-year Sgrouples beta project served as the testing platform for the launch of MeWe.
Making its official launch during SXSW 2016 (South by Southwest), MeWe was honored as the 2016 Start-Up of the Year Finalist for “Innovative World Technology.” World-renowned thought leaders proudly serve on MeWe’s Advisory Board, including the inventor of the World Wide Web, Sir Tim Berners-Lee.
MeWe is the visionary culmination of three years of determined efforts, research, and development to provide people around the world with a communication network they love and trust.from mewe.com/about